Saturday, March 4, 2017

First Time Blogger

Hey Everyone!!

This is my first time blogging.  I'm not quite sure what's going on but here goes!

My name is Patti Seltzer.  I teach 3rd grade at School #9 Martin Luther King, Jr. Elementary. I am not brand new to using technology in my classroom, but I am a slow mover.  I have used many apps with my class such as reading and math support/programs.  I have created a Google classroom this year.  I've made assignments, embedding links, for the kids to go in and use.  I've created tests and created writing assignments.  My students love doing their writing pieces in classroom.  They are learning Tynker (me too) and like playing around with it.  

I guess my goal with this CLC is to become stronger in my use of technology with my students.  I'd like to learn more uses and refine what I already use. I have a passion for creating lessons and units that my students really like to do.  My fears would include creating a great lesson and then losing it somewhere in the clouds.  I also hate creating assignments, thinking they are ready to go for the kids, and then when they go to the assignments there are glitches. I guess I will learn through these mistakes.

I also have a life out of school (which is hard to notice at times) that includes my daughter and son.  Sarah is 29 and planning a wedding for May of 2018.  Matthew is 22 and is new to the work force.  He still lives with his mommy and I'm good with it (for the time being!!)


Sarah and Matt

I also enjoy reading, reality shows, and doing things with my friends!  One of my favorite reality shows is Survivor...I've watched it since it began!  This is Season 34!!






I really look forward to learning more about this blogging thing and finding my voice and purpose for blogging.  Combining my role as a teacher with this blogging thing is exciting and nerve-tickling.  It should be interesting!

13 comments:

  1. Oh my!!! Yes, Survivor is one of my favorite shows. Not sure exactly why... just enjoy watching the challenges and thinking, what would I do. :)
    I can completely understand your feelings about "the gliches" that seem to sneak up on us. I hope I can assure you that... just like in a non-techy lesson, gliches can arise and we do overcome them. Even when they are out of our control sometimes.
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the pattern that you chose! It grabbed my attention and adds a feeling of energy to your blog.

    So, I looked at the bottom of your blog page to see what theme you were using and then went back into the "theme" section to find it because I didn't remember seeing it as an option. Then I discovered how you had customized the theme and changed the background. Very cool! For someone new at blogging, you're very adventurous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, Cristina put me on to the customized themes!

      Delete
  3. Patti, I enjoyed reading your first blog post. I can't wait to learn from each other during this course! I didn't know Survivor had 34 seasons! I noticed you had the about me section. I can't figure out how to do that! I hope you can teach me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...I have the About Me section, but there is nothing to read in it yet! Not sure if I want people knowing too much about me!

      Delete
  4. "nerve tickling" I have not heard that expressing before. I kinda like it!! This class should help us be a little more trusting of the tech world, I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you mean "nerve pulverizing." Just remember that technology is the enemy and "what could go wrong?"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your made up word. You seem to have done an amazing job so far of incorporating technology into your program!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your page looks awesome. I seriously need help cleaning up my blog after looking at all your great looking pages!

    I'm interested to see what you guys are doing in Tynker. Robin and I have spent so much time in it and I still feel like I've barely figured out what we can do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patti...great looking blog! You are a pro already. How has survivor continued for 34 seasons? How is Tynker going? I have yet to dip my toe into Tynker, I am sure the kids would love it, but not there yet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would definitely not call you slow with technology. You are creating projects on Myon and using padlet. I could never get into Survivor my favorite was the Amazing Race.

    ReplyDelete
  10. In the same boat as you with glitches during a lesson. It just happened during one of my observations!

    Congratulations on your daughters engagement!

    ReplyDelete